A 2.5-hour workshop that supports a mother's journey toward lovingly letting go of her young adult children while remaining connected
through the heart.
Do you have a young adult child transitioning to college or out of your home?
Are you struggling with letting your child go and defining your new role as a mother?
Do you feel conflicting emotions swirling around in your heart and mind about separating from your child?
Would you like to find new ways to feel connected with your child and soothe yourself as a mother?
Heart Strings invites you to join a circle of mothers and reflect creatively on separating from your young adult children.
You will explore your feelings through body awareness, meditation, art journaling, group discussion, and prayer.
Absolutely no movement or art experience is necessary.
All that is needed is an open heart.
Through this workshop, you will:
* Experience support from other mothers who share a similar stage in their mothering journey.
* Reflect on how your past attachment relationships with your parents may influence your current ways of relating to your child.
* Learn a heart-centered technique that helps you feel connected to your child through visualization, prayerful intentions, and faith.
* Explore how receiving Divine support from God can help you soothe your "mom heart" and support your child's emerging independence.
* Ponder new ways to share your love and attention in the next chapter of your mothering journey.
Although you may have more than one child transitioning into young adulthood, please choose only one child to focus on during this reflection.
Bring two copies of the same picture of you and your child together. You will be cutting up the image and using it during the reflection. Photocopies are fine.
This workshop is limited to 8 women in each session, creating a cozy and intimate environment to explore your "mom heart."
Heart Strings is not a series. You only need to attend one of the three sessions offered. Choose what date works best for you.
360 Ruby Street
Clarendon Hills, Il. 60514
(Gail Ann's Home)
Saturday, September 24th
9:00 - 11:30 AM
4 spots available
Wednesday, September 28th
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
3 spots available
Facilitator: Gail Ann Bradshaw
Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling
*Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist
*Faith-based Reiki Master
And most importantly,
*Mother of two young adult sons,
Jordan (25) and Justin (21)